Saturday, August 29, 2009

I LOVE GUAM

I love my island! I've lived here for 10+ years, so unlike my older siblings Guam is 'home' to me!
I grew up loving the fact that you could wear board shorts to almost any function on Guam and still fit in. I grew up hating shoes because 'who needed shoes if you could go barefoot'? And I almost quit a job when I had to start wearing shoes because I had done so much walking for work I almost destroyed my ankles. (Ouch!)
I grew up thinking that white people were weird and wishing my skin was darker!! The only good thing about having freckles would be that maybe I'd get enough to make me brown!

I love my island. I hope I never move away. When I go to college in a few years, I know I'll miss my island. I know, after 10+ years of 'the only thing I don't like about Guam is the fact there's no snow'. I'll be freezing in college and wish I were back in beautiful hot humid Guam!!

But the thing I love most about Guam are the people!! They show love all the time. And they care.

THAT is why I love Guam!!

3 comments:

Anna Powers said...

Hey, i love your blog!! i am sure that you will be a great blessing!!!

Anna said...

Thanks! I hope it blesses others!

Galaxy6139 said...

Wow, Nice homeland of yours ^^ Post some pictures of your Guam in your blog, it will be nicer ^^ Take care