Teenagers in general are associated with having bad attitudes. And I suppose that to some extent that people our age do have a harder time having a good attitudes, mostly because we are rebellious.
I've had a major attitude problem the last couple of years and this summer, I came to a point where if my attitude didn't change I was in for a lot of trouble in the future!
I was depressed and mad. And some very good friends came along side of me and reminded me how I need to be joyful! It says in Proverbs 15:13 “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.” And Proverbs 17:22 “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”
I knew these verses, but I wasn’t caring. I knew my problem, but I didn’t want to change.
Finally, I realized that my attitude was starting to push others away from me. And that made me look inside and see why I was so angry and sad. And then I saw how I need to change.
I gave everything to God. I gave Him the hurt and the sadness and the anger. And, it hasn’t been easy, but God has been teaching me to have the joy I used to have when I was younger. (aka. before I became a teen!! :)
Now, why I have told all of this? 1st, because I have just starting to read a book about teens and how we should live and what we should do. It’s called “DO HARD THINGS” a great book, I recommend it to every teen who wants to know how to live a life for God.
2nd, I just realized how I’ve changed. I’m not near as angry. I’m happier. I’ve also learned how to have a better attitude about everything. Esp how I live at home! It’s hard to be homeschooled and live at home 24/7, but by my Father’s grace, I’m learning to be happier here.
I just want to throw all that out for anyone in the same boat!! I want to encourage those, that you can change. And you’ll be glad that you gave it to God, because He is the only one who can help you fix it!!
Also, for any of my readers who know me on a personal basis. I hope you will pray for me and encourage me as I’m still learning!!
See you next month!!
No comments:
Post a Comment